Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm a Certified Personal Trainer!!!

Just an update for you all.

I passed my Personal Trainer Certification test this morning!!!! I only need a score of 500 and I got a 689.  Yeah that's an 87% and I only needed a 62%. Looks like my study plan was a huge success and I am so proud that I reached this goal I set for myself.

So what is next?

Well, I plan on working on getting my Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant Certification through ACE, but I will be taking a few weeks off before I begin studying for that. I also will be looking into options such as part time work in a gym and also starting my own personal training business. I'm more interested in doing my own thing but I think it might be a good idea to work for someone else to gain experience first.

I also am looking to getting back to blogging here at Certifiably Fit. I'm going to focus on tips on fitness, weight loss & weight management, and managing all the emotional stuff that comes with making changes for better health. I"m hoping to post more frequently than I have in the past. I'm hoping this blog can become a good resource for everyone out there who is looking to start or is already on their journey to better health. I'm hoping to get started soon so keep checking back!

Anyway I'm off to celebrate! Hope you all are having a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You have been missed, but it was for a good reason. I'd love to hear more about the Lifestyle/weight management certification. What does that entail and how long of process is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice would be to do your own thing. Many of the gyms go against everything personal training should be and promote the image of the no nothing personal training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!!!! This is such a fantastic accomplishment. I have developed so much respect for PTs in the past year or so. If you ever move to Ohio, our business needs a PT for workplace wellness initiatives, you'd be PERFECT for the job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! this is awesome! Do what you love. That's the way to be. :)

    ReplyDelete