Monday, February 15, 2010

Review Week #1: Chapters 1-4 & Anatomy Book/DVD

Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone had a love filled weekend with V-Day on Sunday. 

Well like I mentioned last week, I finished up all of the new materials to study for my Personal Trainer Certification Test.  So here I am with a little less than a month before I take my test, and I’m super pumped because I know my goal is so close in sight!  Anyway to help me review this month I broke up all of the materials to review everything, which means I made To Do Lists for each week leading up to my test. So let’s get to this weeks list!

Review Week #1: Chapters 1-4 & Anatomy Book/DVD
•    Manual: Pages 1-144
•    Workbook: Pages 9-56
•    Master the Manual: Review vocabulary (Ch 1-4) & pages 1-32
•    Anatomy Book: Pages 9-180
•    DVD: Watch again
•    Flashcards: Chapters 1-4
•    Audio: Chapters 1-4

Seems like a ton of work huh? Well I’m not too concerned because I have reviewed these chapters a few times already. Whenever I finished up materials early in other weeks I would go back and review what I had already covered.  I already reviewed all of the chapter 1 materials this morning so I already have a good start for the week.

Ok so let’s switch gears for a minute and I’ll update you on my health issues. Last week I met with the cardiologist. We went over my 24hr heart rate monitor results. That came back normal, which was good. He also went over in more detail of what my blood test results from the ER where, again normal. He is pretty sure that my symptoms are not caused by my heart but to be safe I am scheduled to have a stress test and an echocardiogram. I have the stress test next Monday and the echo is scheduled for the first week in March. I’m glad to hear it is not likely my heart that is causing the problem, but it is also frustrating that I still don’t know what the problem is. If my stress test and my echo come back normal they are going to send me back to my primary doctor and likely have other tests done to try and figure this out.  As far as how I’m feeling, the past few days haven’t been too bad, but last week I felt like crap most days.  I was able to get a couple of workouts in last week at a much lower intensity, but today I was able to get in a full intensity workout and felt fine afterwards.  So for now I’m trying to just go about my normal routine when I feel fine and rest when I don’t. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will find out what is going on and what I can do to improve how I feel.

Well it’s time for some relaxing before I have my staff meeting tonight. Have a great week!

Quote of the Day: "You don't have to take life the way it comes to you. You can design your life to come to you the way you want it." ~Dan Zadra

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about this heart stuff! Must be so frustrating, given what great shape you're in.

    Glad the tests don't show anything awful; hope they figure out soon what's going on and get it fixed!

    ReplyDelete