Monday, December 14, 2009

Week #11- Strength Training Program Design

Well good morning everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. I can’t say the same considering I was dealing with a very frustrating work related situation yesterday. Let’s just say I was so angry I ended up going for a run at about 8pm. Oh did I mention I really don’t run! Crazy thing is this past summer I had attempted to get into running and I was struggling with my endurance to really do any distance. So either my endurance has improved due to changes I have made in the last few months in regards to working out or the anger was just fueling my abilities last night. It did help with the frustration so that may become something I use when I get really stressed out.  I will say this I am very happy that Friday will be my last day until Jan 4th.

Anyway, enough my work stress. It is Monday so that means To Do List time!
 
Week #11- Strength Training Program Design
•    Manual- Pages 267-302
•    Workbook- Pages 89-93
•    Master the Manual- Pages 65-70
•    Audio- Chapter 9
•    Flashcards – Chapter 9

Like I mentioned last week, Chapter 8 was really a short chapter. By Thursday morning I had all of the work for the week done. I contemplated moving right on the Chapter 9 then but decided to do a full review of what I have done so far instead. So that means Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I spent my study time reading all the previous chapters, reviewing my notes, and going through all the flashcards. I have to say the review was quite encouraging because the materials that were tough for me the first time around was much easier and actually made more sense.

Was glad to see my last post on using foods to help with moods was helpful for some. Just a note to some of the comments that were left, I do use light therapy in conjunction to a couple of other strategies.  The light I use can be found here. I have had this light for almost 3 years now and I absolutely love it. It has been very helpful for me.

Well I need to get to studying for the day so I’m going to get going. Stay tuned because sometime this week I will be running my first ever giveaway. Have a great week!

Question for you:
What do you do to help when you are frustrated or angry about something?

Quote of the Day:
“There are three secrets to managing. The first secret is have patience. The second is be patient. And the third most important secret is patience.” ~Chuck Tanner

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your not-so-fun work situation. I actually do just what you did to get rid of frustration; workout! It helps most of the time, that and the fresh air.
    I love the quote. I have become so much more patient as I've grown, as I used to be super inpatient. It really makes life easier to simply slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm angry I tend to clean and organize my house. If I can't control the situation, at least I can control the clutter and dust! Personally, I like to do something positive during a bad situation-the way you went for a run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always either A)disinfect my kitchen (right down to the insides of the drawers!) or B)bake something. I have been trying to stay away from option B and do more positive and calming things like yoga or going for a walk. Living is Southern Cali is nice for walking- I like to go down to Long Beach and walk from the Queen Mary to the opposite end of the beach (about 5.5 miles).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working out is great for anger! I also like vent my frustrations to my Most Patient Spouse, who has learned to sympathize without making constructive suggestions. (The constructive suggestions just make me more pissed off because I am an ass).

    ReplyDelete
  5. going for runs and taking time to write in my journal are two of the healthiest ways I've found to get rid of stress or anger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about work stress -- that's the worst kind of stress, I feel. I go for runs of settle in with a good book. Or, a glass of wine and early off to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey girl! thanks for checking out my blog :) when i'm angry i usually cry haha i never really cry when i'm sad...when i'm furious though thats when it all comes out haha.

    and then i go to the gym.

    ReplyDelete