Monday, November 9, 2009

Week 6 To Do List - Nurtition

Good morning everyone!

Well it’s Monday so that means its To Do List time, so let’s get to it.
Week #6: Chapter 4 – Nutrition
•    Manual – Pages 115-145
•    Workbook – Pages 47-56
•    Master the Manual – Pages 27-32
•    Audio – Chapter 4
•    Flash Cards – Chapter 4
•    Online Review – Chapters 1-4

So I have to say I’m very excited about this week’s chapter since it is the nutrition chapter. Throughout my journey to better health over the past few years learning about nutrition has been somewhat of a passion of mine.  I have spent countless hours reading about nutrition and the scientific studies that involve nutrition.  My current nutritional habits have been formed by implementing different strategies that I have learned about. It has been an interesting adventure to say the least because it has involved a lot of trial and error to get to this point where I feel like I have found what works best for me currently. I say currently because I realize as I continue to work towards an even higher level of fitness and as I age my nutritional needs will likely continue to change. I also say what works for me because I feel like nutrition is one of those things that needs to be individual and that works for one person won’t necessarily fit another person as well. I think there are some nutritional strategies that work overall such as eating whole fresh foods, avoiding overly processed and chemically enhanced foods, and avoiding added sugars.  It is the more specific things such as how many calories and the nutritional break down (fats, protein, carbohydrates) of someone’s  eating plan that needs to be individual. 

So, as I get into this chapter I’m interested in seeing what information I already know and what new information they will include.  I’m sure I’ll post sometime later this week about what I learn so that you can see what ACE is educating their personal trainers on.

As you can see this is also the week where I take the online quiz on the first 4 chapters of the manual. So that means sometime this week I will do a review of everything I have studied so far. I’m glad I’m going to do this cause I think it is a good time to review and see what I still need to review and what is sticking with me already.

Well it is time for me to get ready for work so I’m going to wrap this up. Stay tune for a post later this week on the topic of managing the emotional struggles of making the change to a healthier lifestyle. This post is actually one that is inspired from an interaction I recently had with someone I know who is  working towards her own health goals.

Quote of the Day: “If we're not willing to settle for junk living, we certainly shouldn't settle for junk food.” ~ Sally Edwards 

2 comments:

  1. Oh the nutrition chapter, fun! I remember thinking nutrition was going to be so easy, but then I realized it was a lot more complicated than I thought.
    Can't wait for the next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Gina's.

    Fun fun nutrition. I look forward to following your journey to becoming a personal trainer. I'm an RD and have often considered adding a personal training certification to my resume.

    Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete