Monday, November 30, 2009

Vacation Update & Week #9 To Do List

Well good morning everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday last week. As I told you last week I was on vacation for the week, which was a much needed break for me. I limited my time online during the week too, which was also a much needed break. It was a little strange not being constantly connected to the internet but it provided some much needed time to do other things. I spent the week mostly at home, except on Thursday when I spent the holiday with my partner and her family in the Baltimore area.  I have to say that the week went very fast and I almost feel like I didn’t have a week off since here it is already Monday and I head back to work in a few hours.  Nice thing is that in less than a month I will be off on vacation again for two weeks when campus closes for winter break.

Ok enough about last week’s vacation update. It is after all Monday, which means it’s time for a To Do List! So let’s get to it.

Week #9 – Cardio Fitness & Exercise
•    Manual: Pages 213-245
•    Workbook: Pages 74-78
•    Master the Manual: Pages 51-58
•    Audio: Chapter 7
•    Flashcards: Chapter 7

Studying overall has been going very well for me. Now that I’m several weeks in I feel like study time is a natural part of my day. Even while I was on vacation last week I still stuck with my schedule of studying right after breakfast and then on some days there was studying in the later afternoon. I’m also finding that as I progress, that the material is reinforcing the previous chapters. I think that is a good indication that the materials are put together well. I always hate when you get a textbook where the progression doesn’t make sense and materials aren’t built upon. Because the materials are being built upon, it is making it easier for me to retain information from the earlier chapters. 

Here is another update on my progress. If you remember from last week’s To Do List there was a review quiz again. This time it was on chapters 5 & 6. I got a 90% again! So I have to say I’m doing quite well and I feel like I should be very well prepared for the certification test when I go to take it.

I also was able to figure out how I’m going to get my CPR/AED certification completed. I have been in contact with the police officer here on campus who can conduct the training. The problem was that we needed a few more people who were interested in the training to participate for him to be able to do it. I wasn’t having much luck in finding staff but luckily our outdoors student club has requested this training for January and I’m going to get to jump in on their training. I’m pretty excited that I got that figured out and I don’t have to go off campus.

Overall I feel like I’m right on track with getting my certification completed. I’m really glad that it is going so well and I really am looking forward to getting certified and attempting to find a part-time training job once I do.

Well I should get my day going so I’m going to end this post. Hope you all have a great week and you will see another installment of Emotional Battles on Friday.

Quote of the Day:
 “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~ Jim Rohn

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that quote!
    Glad you took a nice little break from the internet, I think that's something we should all do sometime. And, it sounds like you are making good progress on your to-do lists! Good for you, you're on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you found an on-campus training, and that you are doing so well on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete