Monday, October 12, 2009

Week #3: To Do List & New Workout Update

Good afternoon everyone! Got a little busy this morning so I had to wait to post until after work today. Well it’s Monday so that means my weekly study plan to do list post. Below is the list for this week.

Week # 3: Oct 12th -18th: Human Anatomy Part # 1
• Manual – Pages 29-44 – Chapter #2
• Workbook – Pages 19-28
• Anatomy Book – Pages 9-34 & 185-199

Seems like a small list for this week but this week and next week are the two weeks I’m most concerned about because it covers Anatomy, which is something I haven’t had much exposure to. I got a jump start on Saturday evening by reading the Manual pages for this week. My thoughts after reading that was “holy crap!” I’m hoping that working through the workbook will help me retain it a bit better because reading through it just made my head swim. So many medical terms that I’m not familiar with in what I read so I have a feeling I’m going to have to review this information a lot before I feel comfortable with it. I’m not letting this get me down though. I know I’m going to get it eventually, I just need to put the time in.

As far as Chapter 1 from last week I really feel comfortable with the information and when I did the Master the Manual stuff (which is set up like a big quiz) I got all of it correct and I felt really confident with the material. I’m trying to stay positive as I head into the first part of Chapter 2 by focusing on how well I was able to learn the first chapter.

Update on the new workout routine for you. I no longer am sore even though I have stuck with it and done a workout from the game every other day since last Tuesday. I did the longer workout on Saturday, which kicked my butt but I felt really great afterwards. I already feel like I’m getting stronger because my form on the moves is getting much better. So I think I’m on track with adding this to my routine.

Well time to get off here and get to studying for the day. Then I’m making dinner. I’ll leave you with the following question.

When trying to learn something new and challenging what things do you do to help retain the new information?


Quote of the Day:

“Never regard study as a duty but as an enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later works belong.” ~ Albert Einstein

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it but I NEVER took an anatomy course. Strange? Yes. I actually kind of want to, but just for fun, no grades or anything. I sometimes feel dumb not know the parts of the body.

    In order to learn things I ALWAYS use flashcards. I bring them with me everywhere...the bus, on walks, you name it! They always work for me because I have to see something a million times before I memorize/learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband always makes fun of me but I tend to sing new stuff to lyrics of a song ----over and over and over till they are cemented in my brain.

    and by that time he, too, is singing it :)

    ReplyDelete